ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

People are really (really, really) stupid

<< < (6/9) > >>

Bamse:
People who should know better, people who do know better are also really really stupid http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9158258/Most_Windows_7_PCs_max_out_memory

CleverCat:
After repeated warnings, a woman in SA 'chose' to respond to the Absa Bank Phishing scam email! She was on TV bemoaning her account being wiped out -  :huh: when will they learn!
-CleverCat (February 20, 2010, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I saw a great bumper sticker:  "God must love stupid people.  He made so many of them!"
-parkint (February 21, 2010, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but it's their own stupid choices that get them into trouble!  ;)

f0dder:
People who should know better, people who do know better are also really really stupid http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9158258/Most_Windows_7_PCs_max_out_memory
-Bamse (February 21, 2010, 11:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hilarious :) - it's on slashdot as well... what a moron than Craig/Randall guy is. The /. post about Ars rebutting the crap article is here, and the post about the original article is one of those few situations where the /. comments are actually relatively intelligent and well-informed.

eleman:
I have won the lottery in the UK so many times {although I NEVER play any lottery} but just could not bring myself to respond to the "Official" email address like [email protected]
-parkint (February 19, 2010, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, good thing that you did not respond, because commercial domain for UK is .co, not .com

Curt:
I dont think this is stupidity - it's ignorance - these are mostly people who have never learned (in the sense of being taught, but maybe in every sense?!) about using a computer.
(....)
There was a vid a while back somewhere asking people what a browser was (prompted by google's new os) that was fun - found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MwTvtyrUQ
-tomos (February 20, 2010, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're right, Tom; Ignorance, is the word. I received a lot of IT lessons back in 1979-1980 way before the Internet was invented. When I many years later got both a computer and a Internet connection myself, I was sadly surprised to see how little I understood of what was going on!

In general, people learn how to just get by; they know nothing about the basics, because no one teaches them. I too   once again   had to become a pupil.

Edited: Also, the same people who don't know what a browser is, are most likely the same people that don't understand the difference between what is situated at the Internet versus on their computer.
--------

The final picture on the video from your link:

Edited further:

to browse:
graze, pasture; leaf through a book, peruse a book; wander and look at one's leisure;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version