ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's a good giveaway idea?

(1/2) > >>

superboyac:
I'm going to start giving away software licenses through my website.  Since it's hosted by DC here, I wanted to specifically tailor the giveaways for you guys here.  I'm trying to figure out a cool way of doing it, but I'm not coming up with anything.  If I don't think of something, I'll just have them given away through the normal monthly giveaway here.

So what's a nice way to tie in my website's software reviews to the giveaways to DC here?  Any suggestions are welcome.

I've seen where people with sites like mine choose people to give the software through the users who leave comments.  But I don't like that because I don't want a bunch of comments saying, "Hey, I'd like a free license.  How do I get it?"  So I'd like something that would either be fun or beneficial to either the developers or users somehow.  But I can't think of anything.

Stoic Joker:
I've no clue how many of what type of software licenses you're working with. But it seems that the best thing would be to try to get them to someone that really needs (or deserves) them. Perhaps a variation on the commenter's lottery where the comments state in short the level of desire/need they have for program X. Stipulate from the get go that 25 words or less (keep it succinct) is required, and that one liner (Gimme free stuff) entries will be automatically disqualified.

Ath:
And added to what Stoic Joker says, an extra qualifier could be that the comment has the best/most useful new feature request of all comments posted :Thmbsup:.

mouser:
we are just starting to get organized to get back in the habit of doing more giveaways and discounts again.. we would be happy to include the copies you have to give away in our monthly drawings here.  or you could do what many sites do which is to ask people who want to win to post a comment your page and choose randomly from those at the end of some deadline.

TucknDar:
I like Stoic Joker's idea. Just depend on your own self and give to the reply that you like the most. You can't calculate needs or who deserves something most, so just go with your gut feeling!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version