ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google does no evil; kills reMail

(1/6) > >>

f0dder:
Yup, sensationalist headline.

From slashdot: Hugh Pickens writes "PC World reports that Google has acquired a popular iPhone application called reMail that provides 'lightning fast' full-text search of your Gmail and IMAP e-mail accounts. The app downloads copies of all your e-mail which can then be searched with various Boolean options. reMail has only been in the application store for about six months — with a free version limited to one Gmail account and a premium version which can connect to multiple accounts. 'Google and reMail have decided to discontinue reMail's iPhone application, and we have removed it from the App Store,' writes company founder Gabor Cselle, who will be returning to Google as a Product Manager on the Gmail team.
--- End quote ---

While I do believe it's a bit too early to jump to conclusions, this certainly smells fishy.

JavaJones:
Interesting. Was the iPhone app their only product? Perhaps it's just retaliation for Apple not approving Google Talk. :D

Btw, I always thought Gmail's existing, built-in search was pretty much "lightning fast"...

- Oshyan

wraith808:
From what I read, they bought reMail to get talent.  If you're buying talent, and don't need the product... the solution is foregone?

higherstate:
Do you remember it was not so long ago that microsoft were the one's buying up every idea/company in sight...how things have changed in the last few years.

Are google the new microsoft?

btw.. if anyone has read things like 'the secret' or 'think and grow rich' you will notice that google's tag line does the opposite of what is intended.

When looking at a sentence like 'do no evil' the brain doesn't pay attention to the 'no'. Never use negatives in your goal setting.

Dormouse:
btw.. if anyone has read things like 'the secret' or 'think and grow rich' you will notice that google's tag line does the opposite of what is intended.
-higherstate (February 21, 2010, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
So you think the writer(s) of 'think and grow rich' know more about growing rich than the founders of Google?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version