Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 27, 2014, 11:16:50 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Command line options?  (Read 3454 times)
groston
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 18, 2010, 11:35:45 PM »

This program would be far more useful if it could be integrated into the Windows Explorer context menu. While I think I could possibly figure out how to do this, the exercise is moot if the program does not accept a 'search this directory' command line parameter. So, simple question: Does it?
Ruffnekk

Uhm yeah...

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:31:45 AM »

Hi groston,

Currently the functionality you want is not readily available. Argus includes a command line version in the download (argusc.exe), which accepts the path to search in, so maybe you can work with that. I am however currently creating a second version of the program's core engine, which I had planned to release as part of the NANY 2010, but I unfortunately ran out of time.

This second version will not be a end-user application, but rather a DLL for application developers to use in their own implementations. It will of course be absolutely free to use, so if you're interested I can notify you when it's finished for testing. I will release it through DonationCoder.com when it's done, so you can also check this forum for updates.

Regards,
Ruffnekk

Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.
questorfla
Supporting Member

Fighting Slime all the Time

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »

I have not seen he program yet but I do have a need for something that would not care what directory it was in during the search.  This is a searchable archive I am trying to create with a size of close to 1 TB covering documents of over 8 years.  the finer tuned the search, the better.  Boolean logic would be great.  I was thinking about Agent Ransack but have not run it yet.
Another program call Everything by Voidtools does a pretty good just.  but i need to find something that has maybe 5 or 6 fields and give the user the choice of how to combine or narrow the search. 
Data in all 5 boxes could be searches individually on the slim chance the document might pop out . but the key would be when the individual search was over to index all documents that contained all 5 fields.  These could be anything names, dates, places, jobs, cities, 
If they are looking for a document from some doctor that they saw in 1995 but they dint know what was said, if they just put in  doctor, 1995, that might bet a lot but if they added the type of doctor to the search it would narrow the field a lot.

The next prob em is hey want me to include email.  There are Tons of email.  I have see a few programs that convert outlook emails to pdf files

Sorry to butt it, i just saw that you were also looking for a search utility
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.13 ]