ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook Users Beware.

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
Why are you linking to a known scam? That URL needs to be removed!

app103:
When scannie ran into a similar situation with a facebook group and couldn't figure out the proper way to report it, I logged into Quora, a website where an abundant number of facebook employees hang out answering all kinds of questions (for fun) and asked how to report it.

The reply was to email [email protected]

Unless and until someone else that works for facebook tells me otherwise, I will assume that is the correct answer to what you should do when you come across a rogue group engaging in illegal or questionable activities that doesn't fit the choices given when you click the "report group" link at the bottom left of the group's page.

Perry Mowbray:
My motto on FB is - DON'T JOIN ANY GROUPS!
-CleverCat (February 18, 2010, 01:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Quite apart from groups are just about meaningless... there are too many and they've become like badges (cheap badges).

CleverCat:
I blocked groups also as I was tired of being sent Pink Cows from Farmille and being asked to be a 'neighbour'.... >:(

Darwin:
I disabled my account altogether (though I am considering re-enabling it). I got sick and tired of people that I haven't seen in 25 years asking me to join political parties and trying to tell me how to vote in the last provincial election. Of course, my reaction was probably a bit extreme and was likely related to the fact that the political party in question represents an outlook that is 180 degrees from mine. I guess I just have to be (even) more cagey about how I set up my profile WRT accepting friends, messages, and other things, should I decide to take the plunge again.

Bottom line: overall, I found Facebook to be intrusive and annoying.

Curmudgeonly in Courtenay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version