ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook Users Beware.

(1/2) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
As Facebook scams are seemingly becoming more and more advanced, and offer new ways to fool users into joining their groups/pages in order to receive something cool, the newest one to hit Facebook is: [scam url removed by app103]

This page asks you to invite all your friends, then visit their website (where you are prompted to do things such as surveys and such).

Due to me not knowing the full extent of what they ask for, I refused to go any further into this, but I can guarantee you that these pages are FAKE and quite possibly will gain access to your accounts by means of falsifying information.

Facebook Denies Plans to Charge Users:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/6973757/Facebook-dismisses-rumours-of-charging-plans.html

Facebook really need to get their act together and inform people of these groups, and maybe even start manually activating groups and fan pages, in order to stop these idiots from scamming people.

It's getting beyond the joke now, and for a company who make soo much money, they seem to be against actually doing anything to help their members!

Carol Haynes:
and for a company who make soo much money, they seem to be against actually doing anything to help their members
-Stephen66515 (February 17, 2010, 04:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

And for a social networking website have you ever actually tried to make contact with Facebook themselves? There is absolutely no point of contact.

KynloStephen66515:
There is absolutely no point of contact.

--- End quote ---

There is, but only if you dig A LOT, and actually phone their offices :P - kinda hard to get through to anybody, but the receptionist I last spoke to did put me through to one of the tech guys who solved my issue on the spot.

Not simple for anybody unknowing or unwilling to take the time to background check them in order to get contact numbers, but still, its possible all the same.

In essence, Facebook require a much more efficient means of communication, even if it was as simple as ticket-support or "[email protected]" lol

Guess, for most of Facebook, if you wanna contact them about ANYTHING, try this.........:wallbash:

CleverCat:
My motto on FB is - DON'T JOIN ANY GROUPS!

tomos:
I was slow to join (only a couple of months ago) & will be quick to leave - I find the whole setup a bit of a users nightmare

[edit] not to mention their email a while back re improvement in security, which, when I checked the details, involved making all my content public :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version