ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Media Center Software

(1/2) > >>

Josh:
All,

I am looking at finding a software solution that is both easy to configure, has a decent front end and allow for easy addition of new media. This is for a media center machine. I know about XBMC and WMC on Win7. My issue with XBMC is the time it takes to get it running and configured properly. My issue with Windows Media Center on Win7 is that the delete option is presented at the end of playback which causes a problem when my daughter randomly hits delete. This is for a machine that is capable of running most media including HD MKV files.

Does anyone know of a good easy to use solution that is just for running a front end to a media server?

Thanks!

Josh

cmpm:
Not sure what you are asking for.

VLC and MPC-HC will pick up my capture card.

http://www.winavi.com/en/download/download.htm

The one at the bottom is free.

Josh:
Looking for more of a media center front end that allows for addition of libraries or folders and playback of media in those folders such as what XBMC does.

cmpm:
In VLC and MPC-HC, the device controls are hidden in the options.
Which is what I thought you were looking for.
So it would not be easy for someone to find that doesn't know they exist.
I think they would use any libraries, folders and even playlists you have or create.

4wd:
What about Media Portal?

Pretty much a full media center, browse shares for access to media on other computers/devices, watch/capture TV/radio, edit your video captures, etc, etc.

Win7 x86/x64 is supported.

Media Center Software

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version