ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Help Me Decide How to Giveaway Some C++ Books Here on DC

<< < (4/5) > >>

Eóin:
@f0dder - Effective STL perhaps?

f0dder:
@f0dder - Effective STL perhaps?-Eóin (February 18, 2010, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nah, wouldn't say so - fordummies/xx-timeunits tend to be pretty dumbed down. It's been a couple of years since I read Effective STL, but I definitely don't remember it (or other of Meyer's works, for that matter) as being dumbed-down to the point of uselessness :)

RedPillow:
I don`t know how you`re gonna give them away, but I can tell you that I just got interested in C++ and I could use those books so if there`s any competiton or stuff - COUNT ME IN =D (Send pm or something).

tinjaw:
I haven't really thought of a good way to find these books a good home. There haven't been any ideas here that sound viable.

I'm thinking the next question is can we at least identify those people who desire the books and consider themselves "candidates". Maybe I should create a new post that asks people to "sign up" and explain why they want the books and what they would use them for? And mouser could feature it some way?

What do you folks think?

mouser:
i don't think it's worth the hassle of having a contest.. i've come to believe few things are :)

BUT what about this instead:

Give them to the first person who has done more then 3 Coding Snacks and requests them.

OR

Give them to the first person who has completed 5 or more assignments in the Programming School section and requests them.

8 is a bit much for one person, maybe split into 2 packages of 4 books each, and give one to each of the above criteria.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version