ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Game-play always beats graphics

(1/2) > >>

Eóin:
Many may remember the old classic, UFO: Enemy Unknown. Well I recently came across a version for Windows Mobile, PocketUFO. It's largely identical to the original and as it's every bit as addictive I've been totally hooked. Fantastically there's a PC version and you can copy your saves back and forth between the phone and PC and continue your campaign on either.

You gotta laugh though at how all this is in spite of the graphics, just look at how small the game window is sitting on my desktop.

cakruege:
Try
http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/

Shades:
Totally off-topic:
Where did you get that wallpaper? In a strange way I like it!  Can you point me to a download link? :)

On topic:
It is impossible for me to uninstall both NeverWinter Nights games (+mods) that reside on my system for years now.

f0dder:
The XCOM graphics might not be glitzy 3D with awesome shaders, but it still looks good imho - it's pretty well done. A shame that pretty much everything has been moved to 3D these days... XCOM:Apocalypse is ugly btw :), was a really bad move.

InstantFundas:
--- End quote ---

Exactly. Too much attention is given on good looks these days while seriously overlooking game play. I'm a big fan of the Medal of Honor series but Airborne has been a big disappointment. It's been lying on my hard drive for years, yet I go back to play Allied Assault again and again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version