ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Which is better windows mobile or android os or iphone os?

<< < (8/13) > >>

Musubi:
Ah I see in the us, wikipedia doesn't say anything about poland, but since it's such a common practice on  the polish ebay and other such sites to advertise modding of consoles and jailbreaking of iphones, I guess it's legal here.

Dormouse:
Not just the US; the article does include the EU. Poland is in the EU so it applies. Some variations in implementation between different EU countries but the fact that it is common practice somewhere does not mean it is legal there.

Musubi:
True,true I might take that into consideration, I don't wanna break the law or anything,  but let's not digress to a copyright discussion here. Do you guys think that a jailbroken iphone is as "good" as an android device?
As i see it the iphone now has a lot more apps but that might change in the future.
Then again I'll only have the phone for 2 years, after that my contract with the provider will expire and I'll buy a new phone:)

Dormouse:
I don't know that I would worry about the law. I'd think the chance of any prosecution would be nil. What it does do though, is give Apple complete justification for providing you with no support.

40hz:
FWIW Microsoft is apparently planning on going down the same road as Apple by only allowing you to install apps through their online store, citing "network security concerns" as the reason why.

Supposedly, some of the other big carriers are also planning on doing the same for all smartphones on their networks - regardless of make or OS. So even if you  have an "open" phone, the carrier can decide if they want to lock it down as a condition of your being their customer.

Sad part is, if they all do it, having an open OS for a smartphone stops being a factor in any buying decision.

Like the ad says - it's not the phone, it's the network it's running on.

Bloody! >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version