ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Dockable auto-hiding drag & drop multi-monitor desktop wallpaper app

<< < (3/4) > >>

skwire:
I assume you're talking about Active Desktop?

Perry Mowbray:
Yep

skwire:
Here is one of the crudest proof-of-concepts I've ever released.  Currently, there are NO options to do anything to your chosen images (stretch, center, etc).  So, for the best results, pick two images that match the resolution of one of your monitors.  For instance, I have two 1680x1050 screens so I'd choose two different images whose dimensions are each 1680x1050.  

Usage:  

* 1) Simply drag and drop an image to each box and click the "Set" button.
* 2) If the images didn't end up on the monitor you expected them to, click the "Swap" button and then click "Set" once more.
Caveats:

* 1) Currently, this application is intended for dual-monitor setups where the monitors are the same resolution and side-by-side.
* 2) WinXP and later; no Win9x support.  You should be able to use this under Win2k if you have the gdiplus.dll installed.

Again, this is a proof-of-concept and, at this point, I'm not even certain I want to continue making this into a full-fledged application.

Download:  http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/WallpaperWelder.zip

IDEA: Dockable auto-hiding drag & drop multi-monitor desktop wallpaper app

All that said, I'd be curious to know if it works on anything besides my home and work computers.  =]

FrankEBailey`:
Wow, that was fast :)

Unfortunately when I run it under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 it does.... Absolutely nothing.  :o

I can drag the pics to the squares, and they swap around alright, but clicking "set" does nothing at all.

Just my 2c. Even if you don't choose to proceed further with it, thanks for trying.  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
I don't have Windows 7 so I have no way of testing it.  At this point, I'd have to guess that Microsoft have changed something with the way wallpapers are set between XP and Windows 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version