ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Dockable auto-hiding drag & drop multi-monitor desktop wallpaper app

<< < (2/4) > >>

FrankEBailey`:
Actually, reading the monitor information is the easy part.  The problem stems from the fact that there is no built-in API to handle per-monitor wallpapers.  That part has to be handled manually via GDI+ or some other image manipulation library.  In other words, the images you want to use have be stitched/cut/cropped into one image that is actually stretched across your two monitors.  That's the not-so-easy part.  =]  Make sense?
-skwire (February 14, 2010, 10:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, makes perfect sense. I see it's not as straightforward as I'd previously thought.

Displayfusion is a useful tool, but interacting with it leaves a lot to be desired; the simplicity of function I've come to relish in DonationCoder-style apps is lacking. I'd venture that a one-click and drag'n'drop style app would fill a gap in the desktop wallpaper management landscape.

Would allowing multiple copies of our theoretical utility to run, one per monitor desktop, make things any easier? (I doubt it but it's an angle I thought needed to be at least mentioned).

skwire:
Would allowing multiple copies of our theoretical utility to run, one per monitor desktop, make things any easier? (I doubt it but it's an angle I thought needed to be at least mentioned).
-FrankEBailey` (February 14, 2010, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, no.  Windows sees all your monitors (I've tested six at once before) as one piece of desktop real estate.

Perry Mowbray:
Oh, that's interesting.

That means that every software has to stitch the different graphics together to put onto this "one" desktop?

I was using software that the graphics card supplied to put two different graphics on my two monitors, but it conflicted with something else so I ended up using html desktop item to display the required graphic over the top of the base desktop of the appropriate monitor. Not so nifty, but at least it works without other hassles.

skwire:
That means that every software has to stitch the different graphics together to put onto this "one" desktop?-Perry Mowbray (February 14, 2010, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Based on what I know...yes.  If anybody knows otherwise, by all means, say so.  =]

Perry Mowbray:
So you couldn't use html objects in the same way that I did?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version