ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

MultiFind Pro 1.7 - file search utility

<< < (5/9) > >>

rjbull:
I like my drives dumb, predictable, and cooperative - As apposed to trying to guess what I need and out thinking me.
-Stoic Joker (February 23, 2010, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
If we wanted that - and had a reasonable alternative - we wouldn't be using Windows, would we 

rjbull:
Cashper,

I'm keyboard-oriented, rather than mouse-oriented.  I'd like Multi-Find to be a bit more keyboard-friendly, and also to offer more possibilities for what you can do with the found files.

When you're at the main screen, please can Find become Find or Find, and Reset become Reset, i.e., hotkeys to start the search, and to reset the parameters?

I realise the standard right-click menu is available, but (a) I'd like to be able to pop it up with a hotkey, and (b) I'd like to have a version that offers user-defined options, like ChoiceEditor for Total Commander, or XYPlorer's Portable File Associations.  In fact you could even use ChoiceEditor directly because it's free, although the source code has been lost.  It's mentioned in several DC threads, including these:

* "Open With" alternative for Windows
* IDEA: Replacement for Windows 'Open With...' dialogue though you might prefer to add your own version to Multi-Find Pro's Options, like XYPlorer.  I'd also like to be able to send (a) plain filename, (b) path+filename, and (c) full UNC path+filename to the clipboard.

Thanks...

rjbull:
"drop-down history list", and regexp helper are already in my TODO list.
-Cashper (February 15, 2010, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great - and please could we have a Favourite Path drop-down as well as path Browse?  Thanks...

Cashper:
I'm keyboard-oriented, rather than mouse-oriented.  I'd like Multi-Find to be a bit more keyboard-friendly, and also to offer more possibilities for what you can do with the found files.
When you're at the main screen, please can Find become Find or Find, and Reset become Reset, i.e., hotkeys to start the search, and to reset the parameters?
-rjbull (February 27, 2010, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you for the valuable suggestion, it will be implemented in the next versions.

I realise the standard right-click menu is available, but (a) I'd like to be able to pop it up with a hotkey
--- End quote ---
You can invoke a right-click menu by the "Application" keyboard key (resides between Ctrl and Alt keys on my keyboard).

I'd like to have a version that offers user-defined options, like ChoiceEditor for Total Commander, or XYPlorer's Portable File Associations.
--- End quote ---
What user-defined options should be available in your opinion?

I'd also like to be able to send (a) plain filename, (b) path+filename, and (c) full UNC path+filename to the clipboard.
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure about what do you mean by "send plain filename". But MultiFind Pro already adds several useful command to context menu: "Open File name" and "Copy file name".

Cashper:
I already started to implement drop-down history list feature.
Here are the screenshots:

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

[attachimg=#2][/attachimg]

Another new feature under development is an ability to select multiple folders and to select folders that should not be searched.

[attachimg=#3][/attachimg]

[attachimg=#4][/attachimg]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version