ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Capture Area

<< < (2/4) > >>

riponred:
you shouldn't have to do anything but trigger the screen capture -- honestly i have never heard of this happening before.. it's beyond strange.
If you trigger a capture of the "Wordkspace" (Ctrl+PrtScr by default), what happens then?
-mouser (February 19, 2010, 01:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

riponred:
I'm having the same problem that j2ink is having.  I'm running Windows 7 64-bit IE8.  Have you found a solution?

mouser:
oh wow, a second report.. i guess this is not just a fluke.

riponred does workspace capture have same effect?

can you give me any clues about why you think it might have the size wrong?

what are the dimensions of the too-small screenshot?

j2ink:
No matter what I do, I cannot get the program to capture the entire screen.  Even when I use the redbox mode, it will only capture about two-thirds of whatever I have in the box.  I have continued to use the program, because I generally do not need to capture the entire screen.  I manipulate the size and position of the screen so the program will capture the area I want, and then I crop it to get what I want before I save it.  This takes a little time, but it gets the job done when you don't need to capture the entire screen.

It just seems to me that the program will only capture a limited resolution.  I have a 24 inch screen with a 1920 x 1200 resolution.  I do have the screen view enlarged somewhat in my browser, because the native resolution makes everything so small, I can barely read it.  Perhaps that is causing the problem, but without the program running, the Print Screen key does capture the entire area of the screen.

FYI, I'm running Vista, 32 bit, and my browser is Firefox.  My computer is fairly new, and I've got 4 gigs of RAM.

mouser:
i assure you its not because the program can only capture a limited resolution -- i have a 1920z1200 monitor, and sc is quite happy to capture 4 monitors wide workspace which results in a huge file.  the problem is somehow with it not figuring out the proper screen size -- though how this could happen im not sure.

Even when I use the redbox mode, it will only capture about two-thirds of whatever I have in the box.
--- End quote ---

well this is TRULY bizarre, and a huge clue maybe.

can you do a test for me, use red box to capture a 100x100 sized region, in middle of screen, and tell me what the resulting capture dimension is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version