ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Toggle 1.5

<< < (5/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
Curt, try this one as a test.  If it works, then I can spiff it up a tad.

What will happen when run, the first time is sees an Explorer window, it will move it to the top left corner(0,0) at width 600 height 600.  Right click the tray icon and Exit.  Then in the same folder as ResizeExplorer.exe there should be ResizeExplorer.ini.  Set the x, y, width, height you want, and run it again. (You should only have to do this once unless you want to change the settings.)

Also you can look in Task Manger and make sure it doesn't run up the CPU, but the defaults I'm using in my machine don't register any significant CPU and memory is around 700KB. The way to cut down on CPU is the "SleepMSec" param.  Valid range is 100 to 2000 which is 1/10th second to 2 seconds.
Every time it checks for an Explorer window it will take the appropriate action, then go to sleep for that amount of time. I have it at 1000 for 1 second.  I'm guessing that will work fine as is.

I compiled it without the UPX compress just so it won't trigger a virus warning on DonationCoder.
When I spiff it up and post on my site it will likely have a few features and a custom icon etc..

MilesAhead:
btw I uploaded Toggle.zip to my site with a new Readme.  I think this one is more succinct. :)

Curt:
Curt, try this one as a test. 

* ResizeExplorer.zip (341.35 KB)-MilesAhead (February 19, 2010, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

PERFECT!!  :) 

Thanks a lot, Miles!  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
Glad it worked.  I'll stick a custom icon on it and put on my site in case somebody may have a use.  Since it only moves the first Explorer window to open then it might be usable in other scenarios.  I'll play around with it. Maybe add the thing so you can size Explorer the way you want and hit a menu command to save it to .ini rather than having to manually edit the .ini.

Curt:
-however; it seems that once it has done the job, it will automatically pause the script permanently. I have not been able to "unpause" it, but is forced to exit, once it has resized the window the first time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version