Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 25, 2014, 08:44:26 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: weird "no disk" error  (Read 4877 times)
cedardoc
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 12, 2010, 04:32:24 PM »

I occasionally get an error upon my first typed letter in the FARR search box:

"FindAndRunRobot.exe - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive.
Please insert a disk into drive
\Device\Harddisk2\DR2"

...and I have to close the warning window 3-4 times before FARR will continue normally.  It never happens when I'm using a FARR hotkey, just the plain 'ol break key.

Is there maybe a setting somewhere I've mistakenly turned on, or and alias I'm triggering that makes FARR think I'm trying to access a disk??

I'm on win7 if that matters...

thanks,
Dave
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:19:08 PM »

i can solve this little mystery.

it happens when there is an item in your previous launch history that was on a drive that is now missing.

i will be adding a fix for this, but for now -- go to your launch history tab in options, find the offender and delete it (or clear all items in launch history).

let me know if it works.
jsawyer
Participant

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:40:38 AM »

I'm getting the same error:

---------------------------
FindAndRunRobot.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR14.
Cancel   Try Again   Continue   

I've tried clearing my history as I didn't see anything that isn't on a fixed disk, which I really didn't want to do because I use it, and I'm still getting the same error. I'm using:

Find+Run Robot
v2.90.02 by DonationCoder

Thanks,

Mark
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »

Hmm.
In your search directory list, do you have any directories listed for searching that are on that drive?
jsawyer
Participant

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:49 AM »

I do not, I don't recall ever changing the list. All entries in the list are surrounded in percentage signs and I assume all point to the root drive. I haven't used TweakUI or anything to change the location of the shell directories.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 11:18:40 AM »

you know what it could be is a start menu shortcut link that points to an item on a removable drive..

try enabling this option and searching again and see if the statusbar in FARR tells you where it is searching when the error occurs:

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 06:21:57 AM »

This bug should be fixed as of v2.96.01.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0.24 ]