Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 07:42:47 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How do I completely Uninstall FARR and reinstall with Default Settings?  (Read 2558 times)
jbullfrog
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 22, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »

I would like to do a "fresh installation" of FARR.

I did an Advanced Uninstall using Revo Uninstaller.

When I re-installed FARR, I still had my old settings.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »

This is an excellent question, and shame on me for not providing clear instructions for this  Sad

What you want to do is exit FARR, and then delete the FindAndRunRobot.ini file which will be in the "C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot" directory if you are on winxp or lower, or in MyDocuments\DonationCoder\FindAndRunRobot if on Vista or higher.

If you want a completely clean uninstall and reinstall, exit farr, then delete those two folders, and reinstall.
jbullfrog
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »

Thanks a million mouser!  FARR beats La*nchy any day, hands down.

I have been experimenting around with FARR these last couple of days and after completing reading its tutorial I was amazed at how comprehensive and customizable it could be.

For the first time, I used GroupAliases.   Grin  They remind of "keywords" in Chrome or Firefox.

I found another really useful piece of software called HotCorners: http://sites.google.com/s...ogramsforpeers/hotcorners

I found this software on this site: http://www.addictivetips.com/

I use it to open my most common folders.

Maybe this can help a fellow shortcut enthusiast like me.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »

Glad you like it!

Don't miss all the FARR tutorial videos here: http://www.donationcoder.com/3ds/
They will show you all the advanced FARR tips and tricks.

Addictivetips.com looks like a good site  thumbs up
tosim
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 09:06:03 AM »

I had installed, and run FARR several months ago, but for some reason, uninstalled it. I've tried to reinstall a fresh download several times now, but when I click on icon to run, I get pop-up "MS Visual C++ Runtime Library, Runtime error, and it closes. Running XP Pro, 2GB RAM. Please assist. Thank you
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 08:28:23 PM »

its almost certainly a plugin problem.
delete any plugins (they wont be uninstalled autoamtically when you uninstall)(.

also you can delete the FindAndRunRobot.ini file to reset all settings.
tosim
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »

Hey Mouser-That did the trick. Thank you, both for the assist, and the quick reply.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »

you know i really need to add an option to remove all user settings when you uninstall, this definitely confuses people.
tosim
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 08:28:11 AM »

When I delete an app, I also go to appsdata and remove it, plus check the registry. I left the plugs in directory as I figured to save time upon next installation of FARR. Again, thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.07 ]