topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Autohotkey question  (Read 3449 times)

Musubi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • Bizarre
    • View Profile
    • My weird creations
    • Donate to Member
Autohotkey question
« on: February 11, 2010, 08:54 AM »
Hi i'm new here, and this is my first post (Hello to you all by the way)
I know that the software autohotkey is popular with the users of this site, as I really like using my keyboard for all things I wanted to try it but i have one major issue with it.

While there are many scripts available (including those from www.donationcoder.com) it seems that each new script requires a new instance of autohotkey running. Is there a way for autohotkey to load multiple scripts and have one tray icon and one process running?

I've tried simply merging them using notepad but I always get an error. Does anybody know a way to correct this? Like for example a mod or program of some sorts.
Thank you for reading this post.

AndyM

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Autohotkey question
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20 AM »
You can combine scripts, but I find generally it more convenient not too. 

The extra memory used seems to be inconsequential.  I use a tray utility (PS Tray Factory) to hide 13 of the 14 icons for the scripts I'm running.  Btw, you can use the tray icon tips to display info, and you can change the icon from the big white H or S on green to something else. One script I run (KeyInfo by JGPaiva) displays the state of the Capslock/Numlock/Scrolllock toggles.

jaden

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Autohotkey question
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 04:11 PM »
Depending on the features of the scripts you want to combine and as long as you don't mind digging into the code, you could create a meta AutoHotKey script that includes the other scripts and exposes their functionality.  I've done that for some scripts and it works fine.

For example
Code: AutoIt [Select]
  1. #Include OtherScript.ahk