ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bartels Media paranoia

<< < (7/14) > >>

rjbull:
I was using DA, then switched to MacroExpress Pro, but it's a bit too heavy for launching applications (though good for a lot of other things)
-wraith808 (February 13, 2010, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
You might like to know that Insight Software, makers of Macro Express, also offer ShortKeys, which seems to be specifically an expander, and presumably a subset of Macro Express itself.

wraith808:
I was using DA, then switched to MacroExpress Pro, but it's a bit too heavy for launching applications (though good for a lot of other things)
--- End quote ---
You might like to know that Insight Software, makers of Macro Express, also offer ShortKeys, which seems to be specifically an expander, and presumably a subset of Macro Express itself.

-rjbull (February 13, 2010, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, but that doesn't launch apps, which is really what I use DA for.

J-Mac:
I had DA 1 and I have a license for DA2 or 2.5, but the developer changed his product to a subscription-based program. I didn't renew my "subscription".
-J-Mac (February 13, 2010, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
That was actually sort of a 'lost in the translation' moment.  What the new license is in essence is a purchase with a 1 year upgrade protection policy, i.e. if you buy, then you get all version (major and minor) released during the year for free, instead of the former lifetime upgrade policy.  You can keep using your version for as long as you like (which is substantially different from an 'subscription' policy where you can't use the software after your subscription runs out a la Auction Sentry Deluxe).
-wraith808 (February 13, 2010, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm using Nagarsoft's wording. Their email to me:

Dear James,

Thank you for your purchase of:

(1) - Direct Access Upgrade Subscription

Licensing information will be sent to you in few hours.
Please check your spam filters so that you will receive e-mails from nagarsoft.com.
--- End quote ---

Thank you.

Jim

rjbull:
--- End quote ---
ShortKeys-rjbull (February 13, 2010, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, but that doesn't launch apps, which is really what I use DA for.
-wraith808 (February 13, 2010, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Two suggestions: if you want a text expander that launches, try Typing Assistant, which does.  It's payware.  If you just want a launcher that works from shorthand/keywords, have you written off SlickRun, freeware?

rjbull:
@All:  Sorry to stir up this miserable can of worms  :(  I was pretty incensed at the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version