ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bartels Media paranoia

<< < (6/14) > >>

J-Mac:
I will say that the Breevy developer reacted much smarter to the attacks and slurs than the DA guy did. BTW, I'm now using Breevy.  :P
-J-Mac (February 12, 2010, 11:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you know if there are any advantages of Breezy over DA?  I was using DA, then switched to MacroExpress Pro, but it's a bit too heavy for launching applications (though good for a lot of other things), so I've been looking at the newest version of DA...  how does Breezy compare?
-wraith808 (February 13, 2010, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had DA 1 and I have a license for DA2 or 2.5, but the developer changed his product to a subscription-based program. I didn't renew my "subscription".

I had a lot of problems using DA. For one thing, it could not handle abbreviations well, often deleting the word and replacing it with the first letter doubled and sometimes tripled. Also in some programs DA did not register line feeds/breaks, thus rendering a name and address field all on one line without spaces. Things like that. Further, it choked on Vista for about the first six months, not opening or opening and immediately closing. Some things he fixed; others he seemed to ignore. Check my posts at their forum for a recap.

Breevy is very similar but I haven't had the same kinds of difficulties with it so far.

Jim

J-Mac:
Arguing about the validity of his claims is exactly what is going to open up all this stuff again.. how can we expect someone to not reply to a thread claiming he has no proof people are stealing his work?  sigh.. this has really become counter-productive.
-mouser (February 13, 2010, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Jess, I can understand the above, but in most cases I couldn't see the exactness of the "copied" stuff that were often linked. Other than the programs have the same basic purpose of course.

Jim

J-Mac:
One last comment: Personally I don’t care much either way, banned or not. I just said "Good..." meaning that it would have been nice for a change to read through a thread about a new text expander - any new text expander - and not have to see it turn into a stink bomb war!

Thank you.

Jim

Josh:
That is all I asked him to do in the private messages sent and public posting I did asking him to stop. I understand that he is upset and rightfully so if he is in fact being copied, but DC is not the place or forum to hijack every thread about a text expander. I welcome him back with open arms if he will stop doing this but if not I say we leave the ban in place or remove future violating posts.

wraith808:
I had DA 1 and I have a license for DA2 or 2.5, but the developer changed his product to a subscription-based program. I didn't renew my "subscription".
-J-Mac (February 13, 2010, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
That was actually sort of a 'lost in the translation' moment.  What the new license is in essence is a purchase with a 1 year upgrade protection policy, i.e. if you buy, then you get all version (major and minor) released during the year for free, instead of the former lifetime upgrade policy.  You can keep using your version for as long as you like (which is substantially different from an 'subscription' policy where you can't use the software after your subscription runs out a la Auction Sentry Deluxe).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version