topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Trine on Steam for $5.  (Read 3047 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Trine on Steam for $5.
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:44 PM »
There's no Steam news item announcing this 75% off sale for Trine and no indication as to when this sale ends. So I'm not sure when the special started or when it will be over.

Trine is a fantasy action game where the player can create and use physics-based objects to beat hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. Set in a world of great castles and strange machinery, three heroes are bound to a mysterious device called the Trine in a quest to save the kingdom from evil…

The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different abilities help the player battle an army of undead and defeat hazardous contraptions. The player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle: The Wizard is able to summon objects to help solve puzzles and create new ways to overcome obstacles, the Thief uses her agility and dead-on accuracy to swiftly surprise the monsters, and the Knight unleashes mayhem and physical destruction wherever he goes.

Lashiec says Trine would go in his Best Games of 2009 List even after only having played the demo.

Trine on Steam also has Steam Cloud support, meaning your save data is saved in the Cloud and available at any PC you log into your Steam account from.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Trine on Steam for $5.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 11:58 PM »
it's part of the 'midweek madness' special so the offer is valid until Thursday only. i remember trying the demo when it came out but not sure what to make of it.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 12:02 AM »
it's part of the 'midweek madness' special so the offer is valid until Thursday only. i remember trying the demo when it came out but not sure what to make of it.

Of course! After you point this out the Steam home page updates to show a big ad on the front page about it. (c:

I tried the demo and it seemed fun enough for $5. I can honestly say I enjoyed the Trine demo more than I've enjoyed the full version of Torchlight.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 12:13 AM »
Of course! After you point this out the Steam home page updates to show a big ad on the front page about it. (c:

hehe.. talk about timing.. :)