ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Flattr: New Micropayment System - Gets the Model Right?

<< < (2/7) > >>

justice:
Ah I was wondering if there was a thread on this, I'm monitoring the page for changes and applied for a beta test. Wondering how if they make money or if one of the 'slices' of cake automatically goes to flattr? Also hopefully you're free to specify how much you want to give away, and not stuck to some amount they want you to spend. Plus of course the usual reservation with regards to online payments..

I guess easiest way to explain is flattr = digg website buttons + donationcoder model.

mouser:
Yeah we need to see more details to figure out how much they take for themselves and if there are any other charges to recipients, etc.

justice:
Especially with it coming from the cofounder of the piratebay, I guess you could run a torrent tracker based on flattr haha. It's well thought out though you setup a monthly payment plan once then you don't need to think about paying again but just clicking buttons. However the problem will be why someone will want to setup a payment plan. and if there is uncertainty of where the unused money goes that will be an issue.

Stoic Joker:
If you are going to force me to watch a video to understand anything at all about your product, I've already lost all interest.-TheQwerty (February 10, 2010, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd like to (whole heartedly) 2nd that, as I too am quite tired of that rather annoying trend. ...Web rule 1: You have 3 seconds to captivate my (as a visitor) attention and trying to cheat with "Video Loading" doesn't cut it (Fail!).

housetier:
justice, as far as I understand, there will be no "unused" money by the end of the month: because that is when all the money in the account is divided by all the support clicks you made. And after that you transfer the next batch of money into the account, to be divided by the "amount of support" in the next month.

The only thing that bugs me is that monthly plan. I don't feel like donating every month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version