ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: network detection

(1/2) > >>

Maestr0:
I'm looking for something that detects when network connection is achieved with a certain network.
That can be handy to do certain things, like sync, make/unmake networkmappings, etcetera.

For now I've been doing something like below in a settimer:

--- --- RunWait , %comspec% /c ipconfig > %A_Temp%\ipconfig.txt, , Hide UseErrorLevel
FileRead , ipcnfg , %A_Temp%\ipconfig.txt
FileDelete %A_Temp%\ipconfig.txt
if ipcnfg contains %DNS_suffix%
network = 1
else
network = 0

Any thoughts?

DougalS:
Does what you have above not work? Or did you want it to do something else?

jgpaiva:
... Not sure if you noticed, but this post is close to two years old :)

DougalS:
I saw it was old, but wasn't sure if was still an outstanding request, or dead. I have a tool we use at work that does something similiar (automatically connects specific shares based on what the best available server is), and thought I may adapt it if there was still any need. And still getting my head around 2012, thought it was only a year old, will be signing 2011 date for while yet.  :-[
BTW, is there any way to seperate the active but unanswered requests from the answered and no longer required?
Cheers

jgpaiva:
Well, I'm not sure how to classify something as "not active" :)
If Maestr0 still has a need for this, then I guess this would be active. My intention was only to warn you so that you don't get your hopes high of receiving a reply ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version