ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

v 1.5 problems - freezes and crashes

(1/3) > >>

joiwind:
When CD opens and I click on Settings in the context menu CD crashes and I get this error message (which of course I can't make head or tail of) and I have to kill the process.

Gone back to previous for now  :(

Markham:
I am curious to know why you clicked on the "Refresh" button on the Dock Items tab of the Inspector. For you to be able to do that, the Settings dialog loaded correctly so the problem lies elsewhere.

Please use the Problem Report tab of the Inspector to file an incident report: I need further information about you current configuration and that will give it to me.

Mark

joiwind:
Markham I didn't click on the "Refresh" button on the Dock Items tab of the Inspector - I simply clicked once on the Dock Settings item in the context menu. When I do this a giant bluish bar appears with "loading settings" across it and then the error message is shown.

I can't go further than this so I can't use the Problem Report tab of the Inspector...!

Would it help if I attached the config.ini ?

Thanks for replying.

Markham:
Let me get this clear. Are you saying that version 1.51 doesn't work, but v1.50 does? Or are you saying that neither v1.51 nor v1.50 work but v1.0 does?

Either way, that is somewhat curious because exactly the same code is being executed in exactly the same order in all three cases, so I really need to know why you're getting failures on one or more versions. Please attach the following files to your reply:

* Config.xml
* DockItemData.xml
If you installed Circle Dock into "C:\Program Files\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\", then both those files will be found in "C:\Users\{YourUserName}\AppData\Local\CircleDock\".

Mark

joiwind:
Hi Markham,
here are the files.

I'm trying to use 1.5

Maybe I'll just delete everything and do a clean install and then get back to you - I presume you can do a clean install of 1.5 and not have to install it over a previous version ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version