ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone playing Mass Effect 2 game yet?

<< < (7/10) > >>

JavaJones:
You can't run BF3 directly, it always launches Origin, then loads a web page interface where you can select single, co-op, or multiplayer, which then loads the respective actual game instance. There's no easy way to launch single player directly, nor multi. The server browser is web-based and very poorly implemented. It requires a *browser plugin*. Both the browser plugin and Origin need to be updated on average at least once a week and you can't start a game until they are. Even when you do update them, sometimes it doesn't recognize it's been updated or doesn't auto-refresh, so it continues to not work. Sometimes even restarting the browser doesn't fix it. Chat and team management is horrendous and seldom works the first (or 2nd, or 3rd) time. Joining and leaving parties is confusing and error prone. I could go on and on. I suspect they integrated Origin and its various slimy tentacly components much more deeply in BF3 than the games you're referring to and not for the better.

- Oshyan

wraith808:
^ Ok... that just sounds terrible.  I can't figure out why they would do something like that.  A web page for a game launcher?  Really?

I can see that you're justified in your Origin hate.

JavaJones:
Yeah, it's really ludicrous. I'm hopeful that they're learning their lesson from it and won't do the same in the future, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the direction they want to go...

- Oshyan

Carol Haynes:
Origin is awful and is full of bugs. I can't get their cloud storage to work at all - it always fails to connect.

I have a couple of games in Origin and it is really annoying that there is no account integration for purchases between the Origin client software and the EA website sales - both of which are really broken.

Basically EA have some good products but EA sucks the pleasure out of everything by being so crap at all they do.

wraith808:
Origin is awful and is full of bugs. I can't get their cloud storage to work at all - it always fails to connect.

I have a couple of games in Origin and it is really annoying that there is no account integration for purchases between the Origin client software and the EA website sales - both of which are really broken.

Basically EA have some good products but EA sucks the pleasure out of everything by being so crap at all they do.
-Carol Haynes (February 18, 2012, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you have the same e-mail address, they should appear- at least, mine did.  What really irked me was that they automatically created an origin account for my star wars TOR account without telling me or giving me the option; now they say they can't merge the two accounts, so I have 3 games on one account, and one lone game on the other.

As much as I was skeptical about D2D getting bought by GameFly, I can say that beforehand, they warned if the two accounts had different e-mail addresses to change them to be the same or they wouldn't be mergeable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version