ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone playing Mass Effect 2 game yet?

<< < (6/10) > >>

wraith808:
If you have to install it using origin, then that's not really another platform?

Several companies do the same thing with Steam- you buy at GamersGate, GreenManGaming, etc, and activate on steam.  Direct2Drive used to do it- not sure if they will now since they've been bought by GameFly.  I'm pretty sure it won't be available on Impulse either.  Those are the platforms- GameFly, Steam, Origin, and Impulse.  The rest are really just storefronts.

(Though I see it's on Impulse... I wonder how *that's* going to work, especially as it still says Impulse is required in the requirements)

fenixproductions:
Mass Effect 3 is coming out soon and it will be one of the few games I play this year.-mouser (February 14, 2012, 08:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Pre-ordered already :)

ME was great, ME2 too, I hope third part will be equally good (in contrary do Dragon Age falling down).

BTW Mass Effect was one of the reasons for buying Fraps for me (2nd was Witcher 2) few months ago. And I've made 1016+4566 screenshots for ME story so far (~700 shared on Facebook).

lanux128:
If you have to install it using origin, then that's not really another platform?

Several companies do the same thing with Steam- you buy at GamersGate, GreenManGaming, etc, and activate on steam.  Direct2Drive used to do it- not sure if they will now since they've been bought by GameFly.  I'm pretty sure it won't be available on Impulse either.  Those are the platforms- GameFly, Steam, Origin, and Impulse.  The rest are really just storefronts.

(Though I see it's on Impulse... I wonder how *that's* going to work, especially as it still says Impulse is required in the requirements)-wraith808 (February 15, 2012, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, i read the "platform" as vendors or methods of digital distribution. i think of Origin as more of a DRM à la Steam but there has been precedence of double DRMs such as Steam and Uplay (Ubisoft) or any other games with GfWL.

in any case, Steam is the only DRM i can/will tolerate..

JavaJones:
Just in case you hadn't guessed, Origin is the biggest piece of shit ever. Yes, swearing is justified. I play Battlefield 3 and it's just... dear lord, atrocious.

- Oshyan

wraith808:
^ I don't really have a problem with it.  I don't play BF3, but I play 2142 and SWTOR, and with both of them, I don't even run origin- I just have shortcuts elsewhere.  Not sure if BF3 is different...

What problem are you having?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version