ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone playing Mass Effect 2 game yet?

<< < (4/10) > >>

mouser:
ps.
If anyone wants my copy of Mass Effect 2, i'm willing to send it out; i haven't activated the downloadable content, so that is available as well.  US only please, just to save me shipping costs.  If more than one person wants it i will send it to a person who has written a coding snack or mini-review.

Lashiec:
Deo i like this idea -- let me take it further, i think a nice really casual mode that games could have might be to be able to play them on "advice" mode, where the game would basically play itself, but take "advice" from the player.

So if player wanted to move the character, the game AI would do the shooting.. If player wanted to do the shooting, the AI would take over moving, etc.  Up to the point where the game would basically play itself and let the player occasionally do things like set a general goal or make an important choice.
-mouser (March 16, 2010, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

There a was a game wrapped around such concept in its entirety, Dungeon Siege. As expected, letting the game play itself was pretty boring, though part of the blame lies in the game as a whole, as it ends up being not exactly my idea of "fun" if you take a more active role, which is necessary as the AI rarely makes good decisions regarding path finding and enemy targeting.

wraith808:
Actually, I liked dungeon siege... 2 and the expansions, not so much, but the original was pretty fun.

Deozaan:
There a was a game wrapped around such concept in its entirety, Dungeon Siege. As expected, letting the game play itself was pretty boring, though part of the blame lies in the game as a whole, as it ends up being not exactly my idea of "fun" if you take a more active role, which is necessary as the AI rarely makes good decisions regarding path finding and enemy targeting.
-Lashiec (March 16, 2010, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I played a bit of Dungeon Siege and I don't remember the AI playing for me at all. Was it a setting you had to activate in the menus or was auto-play on by default?

ps.
If anyone wants my copy of Mass Effect 2, i'm willing to send it out; i haven't activated the downloadable content, so that is available as well.  US only please, just to save me shipping costs.  If more than one person wants it i will send it to a person who has written a coding snack or mini-review.
-mouser (March 16, 2010, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll take it. For those that played the first one, am I missing anything (besides importing save data) if I don't play the first?

Innuendo:
I've noticed over the years that I don't get much enjoyment out of playing computer games.. but I still love reading video game reviews, and vicariously enjoying the magic ability of a video game to transport you into a imaginary world.-mouser (February 09, 2010, 01:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have found as I have gotten older that I love playing games just as much as I used to, if not more, but my free time to do so has dwindled to such a small amount that I don't have nearly the time to play every title that catches my eye.

What may be the factor that explains our different opinions on games may be the different genres of games we play. I prefer games with strong RPG influences like Fallout 3, Oblivion, Diablo (I and II), and Sacred 2.

(Side note to f0dder: If RPGs fit anywhere into your bag of interests give Sacred 2 a try if you want to see the good/evil campaign choices done right.)

I've never been into the MMO thing, either. The under-18 crowd are a bunch of game enjoyment-killing ass-hats & the over-18 crowd is predominantly unemployed people living in their mother's basement who do weird things like to get 'online married' on a mountaintop in the middle of a raid in World of Warcraft & other socially deviant things like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version