ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

word and excel shortcut

(1/2) > >>

kalos:
hello

is there a key shortcut that can move the cursor automatically to the top cell of the first right column, from the cell we type?

this is very useful if you are filling columns with numbers, so that you don't have to move the cursor with the mouse or with the arrows, etc

also, in office, is there a key shortcut that will capitalize or lowercase the selected letters?

thanks

housetier:
I do not know such a shortcut off the top of my head, but you could experiment with a combination of PgUp/Left/Home and Shift/Ctrl.

techidave:
take a look http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA011407361033.aspx

here

sorry, I pasted the link in the wrong place

kalos:
is anything relevant on that link? because I checked and didn't find anything

yksyks:
In MS Excel you can put cursor on top/bottom/leftmost/rightmost cell of contiguous data block using Ctrl-Up/Down/Left/Right keys.

In MS Word you can cycle between lowercase/UPPERCASE/Titlecase using Shift-F3. In case of a single word you don't even have to select it, just put the cursor in it.

The complete list of shortcuts is best found in the help file, just press F1 and type "keyboard shortcuts". That's how I learned these.

(Applies to MS Office 2003 and older, I don't know the latest versions.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version