ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Is a website login script something people on DC need?

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
Personally i think code like this is desperately needed.  I calls these "User Management Systems" as opposed to "Content Management Systems (CMS)".

For a coder developing a web application, there is an abundance of heavy bloated CMS frameworks, and an almost complete absence of UMS frameworks.  And I have found myself choosing a CMS as a starting point just to get the user/group management, when what I would have really preferred is an actively developed and powerful UMS -- without all the crazy content management stuff.

One thing I can't tell from looking through the site is what kind of support for Access Control Lists it has -- this is an important aspect in my view -- a way to assign and manage generic permissions for users and groups.

Meta comment: This is a good example where the thread would be easier for people to find and notice if it wasn't a poll but was titled more directly, like for example "Quadodo and other User Management / Login Frameworks", etc.  Please everyone when you post remember that people may be searching for and browsing threads in future weeks, months, years, and you want to make it easy for them to anticipate the contents of a thread when reading it's title.

KynloStephen66515:
Personally i think code like this is desperately needed.  I calls these "User Management Systems" as opposed to "Content Management Systems (CMS)".

For a coder developing a web application, there is an abundance of heavy bloated CMS frameworks, and an almost complete absence of UMS frameworks.  And I have found myself choosing a CMS as a starting point just to get the user/group management, when what I would have really preferred is an actively developed and powerful UMS -- without all the crazy content management stuff.

One thing I can't tell from looking through the site is what kind of support for Access Control Lists it has -- this is an important aspect in my view -- a way to assign and manage generic permissions for users and groups.

Meta comment: This is a good example where the thread would be easier for people to find and notice if it wasn't a poll but was titled more directly, like for example "Quadodo and other User Management / Login Frameworks", etc.  Please everyone when you post remember that people may be searching for and browsing threads in future weeks, months, years, and you want to make it easy for them to anticipate the contents of a thread when reading it's title.
-mouser (February 07, 2010, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Noted and informed the owner.

I cannot be 100% sure what is included in the current version of Quadodo as I have not activly developed a website which required the script in the past 9 month, however, I am sure I can get you all the answers you require, and get the owner to pop by and input any info you need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version