ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Is a website login script something people on DC need?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dormouse:
I nearly always use a CMS (for ease and security), but I don't rule out completely being open to simpler options for a few things.

tinjaw:
As an example, I invite you to check out Quadodo and tell me if a script of that type or something similar would be a welcome addition to DC.
-Stephen66515 (February 06, 2010, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

In short, yes. I had no idea about Quadodo and it is something I have needed for quite some time. I would love to learn about other scripts like it. (Although I would prefer that they were in Python  ;) ).

Stoic Joker:
Given that our intranet webring has sites done in both PHP & ASP - I wouldn't hold it down to a specific language, especially if it done in small enough chunks that it's easy to port over and/or stitch into an existing project.

As an example; this weekend I had to do a quickie messageboard-esq change log addition to a pre-existing site. Finding this brilliantly written tutorial on Basic Pagination (which was quite literally a drop-in) saved me a boat load of time.

xtabber:
The domain name for this is www.quadodo.net but the links to documentation provided  on the download page (http://www.quadodo.net/downloads.php) use www.quadodo.com, which redirects you off the site (in my case, to a bad URL collection scam site).

Even if the product itself were bulletproof, this is the kind of thing that scares me away real fast.

KynloStephen66515:
The domain name for this is www.quadodo.net but the links to documentation provided  on the download page (http://www.quadodo.net/downloads.php) use www.quadodo.com, which redirects you off the site (in my case, to a bad URL collection scam site).

Even if the product itself were bulletproof, this is the kind of thing that scares me away real fast.

-xtabber (February 07, 2010, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you had taken more than a 3 second look at this website, you would of realised the .com on the extension is meerly an oversight, if you change the .com to .net you get directed to the documentation.

This is NOT a URL collection scam, this product is 100% legitimate, and the owner has been informed of the error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version