ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Browser Wars: Why did you choose yours?

<< < (7/11) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
It should, too.
-Tuxman (February 06, 2010, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I assume you mean Opera should 'copy' FF?  If so, I think this would be a bad way to go, as Opera does not try to be any other browser, and to be honest, even though I gave it a great review, I am starting to think it is not trying to be a browser at all, but more a security suite :mad: but still contains features that I cannot get in FF and loads websites a hell of a lot quicker than some of the other browsers I use...but anyway, this isn't an Opera vs. Firefox debate, so CAN WE GET BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE?  If you want a debate about those 2 browsers specifically then go make a new post :)

Cheers

-Stephen

Josh:
Tux,

I am now asking you to stop. After the last series of thread hijackings, I am telling you publicly to stop. I will not tolerate any further thread hijacks that are for purely semantical or fanboyish style comments designed to generate flames/start an online feud. Several users have complained on the IRC channel and I too am growing weary of it. I believe stephen summed up the comments I have been receiving quite well.

Please stop hijacking the threads and post when you have content to add that can aid to discussion and are not pure flame-bait or designed to detract from the original purpose of the thread. If you want a thread dedicated to those topics, please feel free to post a new one and see if you receive the replies you desire.

I apologize if this is harsh but I have bitten my tongue, per mousers request on the IRC channel, for far too long on this subject.

Further thread hijacks will be removed.

Thanks.

KynloStephen66515:
I readily acknowledge that Opera has its shortcomings, and do choose not to use some of the less useful features, notably the inbuilt BitTorrent client (which has never worked well for me),
-Ampa (February 06, 2010, 03:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

In all honestly, I didn't even know the BT client worked at all, I have never been able to get it to start downloading any tasks, so gave up and pretended that it wasn't even a feature of Opera.

jgpaiva:
I have to show my support for Josh's words, since recently I have several times refrained from posting replies to topics in order to avoid such discussions with Tuxman and I would really appreciate it if he had a more positive approach to posting on DC.

Tuxman:
I will not tolerate any further thread hijacks that are for purely semantical or fanboyish style comments designed to generate flames/start an online feud.-Josh (February 06, 2010, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
This was never my intention. It is about pros and cons of browsers here, so what's wrong with contributing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version