ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: forced coffee/tea/cigarette break reminder

(1/3) > >>

nudone:
i once had a program that would remind you at set intervals to take a break from the computer - you know, for health reasons.

of course - i uninstalled it and continued to spend hours sat staring at my monitor all day instead. yep, i'm probably going to get deep vain thrombosis as a result of using my computer - great.

how about a little program that you set to blank the screen every couple of hours or less - maybe it bring ups a message (visual and audio) telling you in a polite way that it's time to go and make a drink or whatever, thereby forcing you to take a break.

yeah, i know you'd ignore it and just carry on working - the crucial part is the screen would remain blank for 5 minutes (with more messages or whatever displayed) and you would have no way of overriding it - any attempt to do so would hibernate the computer.

(i know, i know, i'd uninstall it and never use it - let me just dream for a while that i would do the right thing and obey it.)

mouser:
this is a good idea but i think there are a LOT of apps to do this already.

nudone:
yes, sorry. i didn't really look for anything before posting - i'll have a look later.

Steph:
one of them which is open-source : http://www.workrave.org/

nudone:
downloaded and installed 'workrave'.  :up:

looks like exactly the right kind of app for the job. nicely done all around.

(my problem is the lack of discipline to actually obey the break reminders though - i really do need something that can't be overridden.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version