ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Live Screensaver

<< < (2/3) > >>

JavaJones:
The "swirling effect" thing coupled with a live (or frequently updated) desktop view should do it. I could swear there were older screensavers (Win 98 days??) that did this, though maybe I'm just remembering them realtime and they weren't... But in any case with modern graphics card capabilities this should be a snap. That being said I don't know of any screensavers that do this...

- Oshyan

michaewlewis:
Yes, there was a screensaver with Win98 Plus that had the swirling effect (also a black hole, bump, dent, etc.), but it didn't update the screen with current information, only a screenshot from the beginning.

michaewlewis:
Just checking in on this topic.... Any start on it yet?

3of0:
It sounds like as long as the pixels are changing it doesn't matter much.

Instead of a screen saver, what about an app that runs over the top while no mouse is moving.  Same idea, just not in a screen saver format.  So for your bubbles, have an app that waits for no mouse or keyboard, then have a bubble go from bottom to top.  Or a clock that has an adjustable size that goes from side to side, top to bottom, bottom to top, diagonally, does a little dance, etc... just to change the pixels.  Wouldn't have to worry about updating the screen since it's updating, just being covered by the other app.

michaewlewis:
That's an even better idea than I had thought of. Maybe have a 50 pixel inverse-color square scroll around the screen to freshen things up a bit. It probably wouldn't even need a timeout. Something that small could always be running with no interference to the operator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version