Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 17, 2014, 10:41:42 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: App to separate multiple photos on page  (Read 958 times)
CWuestefeld
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 01, 2012, 07:10:00 PM »

I've recently been handed a large quantity of family photos that need to be digitized, so they can be shared with the whole family. Scanning each photo individually will take from now until my retirement.

So I'm looking for a tool that will let me take a single sheet covered with many photos (laid out arbitrarily rather than according to any strict grid, and only approximately straight), and automatically separate them into individual image files, straightening each photo's edges as it goes.

Optimally this would be done as part of the scanning process. But what's really important is the separation and straightening, so if I had to perform an initial process of scanning each page into a big image for it to run on, that would be acceptable.

Does anybody out there in DC land know of such a tool?

4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »

For GIMP: Divide Scanned Images

For ImageMagick: Multicrop

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
CWuestefeld
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 09:55:20 PM »

Thanks, that appears to be what I'm looking for. Since the ImageMagick one can be run as a batch, that will be the direction I take.

4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:51:45 PM »

The GIMP routine also does batch processing:

The script also provides a batch mode to process a while directory of scanned images pages.

BTW, thanks for reminding me - I have a whole load of photo album pages that I took photos of and haven't got around to separating to individual pics undecided

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »

or get a digital camera
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0 ]