ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

garnet back again

(1/2) > >>

garnet:
just installed the newest version of process tamer. i did this to get the upgrades, but also the program indicated that tamer tray was not running. it comes up indicating that it is running (green) and then after a second or two not running (red)
i have recently installed the newest version of xpsmoker and have one of the preconfigured services settings activated which renders down services on my operating system  close to a bare bones set.
is process tamer dependent on any services ?
i don't know if i am on the right track, but this is my best guess.

mouser:
someone else just reported this today.. i wonder what is going on..
btw - if the tray icon is there, then it IS running - it just means that the configurator tool is not finding it.
it's important that you launch the configurator through the tray tool otherwise the configurator won't find it.

until i figure out what is causing this let me just point out that the only thing that happens when the configurator doesnt find the tray tool (says its not running), is that any changes you make to rules won't automatically be seen by the tray tool, so you'd have to exit and restart it in order for changed in the rules to take effect.

i'll try to get this fixed asap.

garnet:
on the processes tab it does not show any...zero
see attachment

* not clear how to put a jpeg into the message

brotherS:
Hi, garnet!

Please use descriptive topics that might give a hint about what you wrote - "oh yes, i forgot" isn't really better than the original topic you used ;)

mouser:
check this thread: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1092.0
i think you've got a service disabled that is needed in order to monitor processes.

from that thread:
I think I've found the cause of the problem, I use XPlite to remove components I don't use, one component is 'Performance Monitor' if I reinstall that using XPlite, ProcessTamer works, so yeah like you say most likely some DLL issue.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version