ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cache My Work: reopen your Apps after reboot

<< < (2/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
So basically, it works as an easier option than using msconfig and editing that before each reboot?

jaden:
Exactly.  The first line of their documentation states:

CacheMyWork enables you to instruct Windows to re-launch specific applications the next time you login
--- End quote ---

KynloStephen66515:
Nice - gonna get this :D

JavaJones:
Something that could actually "go the while nine" and restore all open apps *and* documents to previous state would be a lot more attractive to me, though this is still kind of cool. I have long wished for the ability to "reboot" the OS without having to close everything down. Surely there's a way to do this. Can't Linux do "live" kernel upgrades or something? :D

- Oshyan

jaden:
I have long wished for the ability to "reboot" the OS without having to close everything down.
--- End quote ---

I doubt we'll ever see that.  The reason rebooting is an effective solution for so many problems is precisely because it closes everything down.  However, as more applications enhance their resume-ability, combined with an app like Cache My Work, it won't matter.  You'll be able to reboot whenever you like without having to pay the price of restarting each app manually and re-opening the files again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version