ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Faster boots combining hibernate and restart (Boot Snooze)

<< < (29/34) > >>

hgondalf:
Mouser, thank you for the program; nonetheless it is absolutely useless (for me) as is.  Here’s what I normally do (without boot snooze).

Press Windows, then U, then H. (I then walk away and forget it.)  Or, to shutdown completely, Win, U, S. Or, to restart, Win, U, R. 

What I want to do using bootsnooze:
Press Windows, U.  The Logout screen appears.
Press Z (or some other hotkey): The boot snooze operation begins, and I can walk away and forget it. 

None of this having to wait for the login screen, logging in, THEN selecting Hibernate.  Heck, I can do the same thing much faster from the keyboard! (Type Win, U, R, then wait for the login screen; then click Turn Off, followed by H.  Don’t even need to log in.) 

hgondalf:
Thoughts, everybody?

See reply #140. I'm still wondering what all the fuss is about; boot snooze can not work for me; why do I have to log in, just to see the boot snooze window?  Faster to press Windows, U, H and be done with it.

snark_be:
Mouser, thank you for the program; nonetheless it is absolutely useless (for me) as is. -hgondalf (March 10, 2010, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Useless ... for you. For a lot of people, Boot Snooze is interesting because, when you wake up the computer from sleep or hibernation, you are immediately at your desktop.

Your requirement is different and would probably need a service to start at boot and that will manage the sleep/hybernation.

snark_be:
I'm still wondering what all the fuss is about; boot snooze can not work for me;-hgondalf (March 18, 2010, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Again, Boot Snooze was not written especially for you!

skwire:
Apologies for the delay in adding the auto-login functionality.  I need to find a few minutes to add that in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version