ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Faster boots combining hibernate and restart (Boot Snooze)

<< < (26/34) > >>

snark_be:
havent read this myself so not sure how relevant it is, but just in case:-
Great step-by-step tutorial on setting up a pc to auto fill in password for use with BootSnooze at Windows Guides:
http://mintywhite.com/software-reviews/productivity-software/start-pc-smart-30-startup/-mouser (February 13, 2010, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
-tomos (March 01, 2010, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nice but it requires the setting "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer " to be switched off all the time.
I only want it to be disabled when I do a restart with Boot Snooze. After it ran, or when I do a regular reboot, I want the computer to ask for a password. I also set my PC to ask for a password when coming out of sleep or hibernate.

mouser:
I only want it to be disabled when I do a restart with Boot Snooze. After it ran, or when I do a regular reboot, I want the computer to ask for a password. I also set my PC to ask for a password when coming out of sleep or hibernate.
--- End quote ---

now this is getting interesting and clever.. disable the requirement to need a login or specify a password when it does the reboot, then restore the login prompts/password request before the hibernate/sleep.  nice idea.

snark_be:

I'm ready to add this feature myself, but I'd have preferred not to reinvent the wheel and use the existing source code as a base :-[ .

mouser:
we love to see teamwork on dc.. maybe you guys can collaborate.

skwire:
Sure, I'm happy to collaborate.  I just didn't want to release the source publicly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version