ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Faster boots combining hibernate and restart (Boot Snooze)

<< < (18/34) > >>

skwire:
What is the Run Once .reg key Boot Snooze uses for running hibernate after a delay? I am thinking I can use this to add the reg key during a shutdown batch script I use then have the script restart instead when complete essentially automating Boot Snooze after my batch defrags, runs ccleaner, etc.
-mazzthepianoman (February 07, 2010, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW, I'll be adding full commandline control to Boot Snooze soon.

Hi, I have a question : when I activate BootSnooze, after reboot, my XP Home PC stays on the logon screen and doesn't hibernate.  Its only when I log on that the bootsnooze window opens and hibernation starts after the set up delay. Is there a way to still get the hibernation without logging on ?
-MerleOne (February 07, 2010, 04:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, there isn't (at least from Boot Snooze).  There are several ways to auto-login to your computer, though.  TweakUI is one...but that decision is up to you.

MerleOne:
No, there isn't (at least from Boot Snooze).  There are several ways to auto-login to your computer, though.  TweakUI is one...but that decision is up to you.
-skwire (February 07, 2010, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, thanks for the clarification.

cranioscopical:
FWIW, I'll be adding full commandline control to Boot Snooze soon.
-skwire (February 07, 2010, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
While you're at it please try to remember that it (my copy at least) still doesn't brew my morning coffee!

skwire:
While you're at it please try to remember that it (my copy at least) still doesn't brew my morning coffee!-cranioscopical (February 07, 2010, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's on the ToDo.   :P

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.4 - 2010-02-08
    + Added commandline support.  REQUIRED parameters are:
        mode=[reboot|suspend]      ('reboot' will reboot and then go to the hibernate/standby delay timer.
                                    'suspend' will skip the reboot and go straight to the hibernate/standby delay timer)
        method=[hibernate|standby]
        bdelay=#                   (where # is the number of minutes to delay BEFORE rebooting)
        adelay=#                   (where # is the number of minutes to delay AFTER rebooting)

e.g.:   c:\path\to\BootSnooze.exe mode=reboot method=hibernate bdelay=0 adelay=5

! Fixed a timing issue where Boot Snooze wouldn't hibernate/standby on some systems.
      (Thanks, Ampa)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version