ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Faster boots combining hibernate and restart (Boot Snooze)

<< < (9/34) > >>

skwire:
Sure, it's possible.  Could you give me a scenario where this would be necessary, though?  What I mean is...this app is meant to be used when you're done with everything and ready to reboot.

Ampa:
Still missing the words Hibernate and Standby with the newest build.

Also: my system shuts down, reboots, the Hibernate warning appears, but no Hibernation occurs.
I have been impatient and clicked the Hibernate now button, so don't know whether Hibernation happens at the end of 10 mins.
I have not tested Standby.

skwire:
Still missing the words Hibernate and Standby with the newest build.-Ampa (February 03, 2010, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, I'll make the buttons wider in the next build.

Also: my system shuts down, reboots, the Hibernate warning appears, but no Hibernation occurs.
I have been impatient and clicked the Hibernate now button, so don't know whether Hibernation happens at the end of 10 mins.
I have not tested Standby.-Ampa (February 03, 2010, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

For hibernation to work, your computer must have "Enable hibernation" already checked under your Control Panel, Power Options, Hibernate tab.  Is this enabled?  If so, which OS are you using?

MerleOne:
Sure, it's possible.  Could you give me a scenario where this would be necessary, though?  What I mean is...this app is meant to be used when you're done with everything and ready to reboot.
-skwire (February 03, 2010, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

For instance, when I leave home in the morning, I put my XP desktop in hibernation, it wakes up just before I get home.  This morning, I had a huge download to perform, and had either to stop it and hibernate OR to leave it running.  With BootSnooze, I could have asked for a reboot/hibernate in 3 hours time, then, when coming home, my PC would just resume from hibernation and the download would have been complete.

skwire:
Ampa, grab the build I just pushed, please: v1.0.1.3

Does that fix the button issue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version