ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Faster boots combining hibernate and restart (Boot Snooze)

<< < (7/34) > >>

f0dder:
Here's an AHK prototype:
I wouldn't launch the "10 mins wait then hibernate" command via Autostart but the "runonce" registry setting (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137367)
The "10 mins wait" command should also check if the system is idle and/or do a "10 seconds to hibernate" countdown.
-wr975 (January 29, 2010, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd prefer not to muck about in a user's registry if at all possible.  However, if the startup folder method proves to be a problem, I'll go that route.-skwire (January 29, 2010, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
RunOnce is cleaner than mucking around with the filesystem - it's made exactly for situations like this.

cranioscopical:
Cool.  Let's come up with a name for this and I'll package it up as a regular Skwire Empire application.
-skwire (January 31, 2010, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Off To Sleep?
-cranioscopical (January 31, 2010, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
"Faster boots " -> Running Snooze?

wep:
Are you using Windows XP (won't work on Vista/7)?

-scancode (January 31, 2010, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm using both Win7(office) and XP(home).
I checked out, it works in Win7 too.

If so, make a Winlogon Notification Package
--- End quote ---
Thank you for the links. I meant to use script/command programming (ahk, vbs, js, dos commands etc), not using dll (I have not experience in dll programming).

skwire:
Boot Snooze?  We could shorten it to, wait for it, Booze.   :P :P

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.1 - 2010-02-01
    * Boot Snooze now uses the RunOnce registry key.  (Thanks, wr975 & f0dder)

DONE: Faster boots combining hibernate and restart (Boot Snooze)  DONE: Faster boots combining hibernate and restart (Boot Snooze)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version