ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Faster boots combining hibernate and restart (Boot Snooze)

<< < (6/34) > >>

tomos:
Tomos, does the same thing happen with both the .ahk and the .exe?
-skwire (January 30, 2010, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

that was with the AHK
will try out the exe now, but I'm heading out shortly - so if you dont hear from me shortly that will hopefully mean it was successful :)
-tomos (January 31, 2010, 04:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Working so far with the exe - timer is at 7 minutes and counting  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
Cool.  Let's come up with a name for this and I'll package it up as a regular Skwire Empire application.

wep:
I like this Great idea!
Now I have restart2hibernate.cmd file on my desktop with following command lines:

--- ---REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce /v HIBERNATE /t REG_SZ /d "rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState"
shutdown -r -t 00
I'm seeking for how to make possible to call hibernation on logon screen, using any possible programming method.

cranioscopical:
Cool.  Let's come up with a name for this and I'll package it up as a regular Skwire Empire application.
-skwire (January 31, 2010, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Off To Sleep?

scancode:
I like this Great idea!
Now I have restart2hibernate.cmd file on my desktop with following command lines:

--- ---REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce /v HIBERNATE /t REG_SZ /d "rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState"
shutdown -r -t 00
I'm seeking for how to make possible to call hibernation on logon screen, using any possible programming method.
-wep (January 31, 2010, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you using Windows XP (won't work on Vista/7)?

If so, make a Winlogon Notification Package

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/winlogon_notification_package.aspx?df=100&forumid=1802&exp=0&select=1732221
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa374783%28VS.85%29.aspx

Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version