ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PuranDefrag V7 now free for home use

<< < (2/5) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi,

Could you clarity what you mean by "CrystalMark likes it" : you perform a before defrag /after defrag comparison and check for differences in the benchmark result ?  Or is it something else ?  Thanks.

Bamse:
If you believe in Crystal Disk Mark scores it means it works. Pretty much straightforward except this info from helpfile regarding PIOZR:

This option will move the most frequently used files of the system to continuous and faster area of the disk and hence optimizing complete system performance. This option is Recommended to be performed once in a week and should not be performed more frequently than that and hence it is not included in Automatic Defragmentation. Though performing it frequently wont harm your system but it wont benefit your system either.

--- End quote ---

so set up automatic defragmentation accordingly. Brilliant scheduler btw. If there is hate towards Windows defrag this must be the one to use.

MilesAhead:
Hi,

Could you clarity what you mean by "CrystalMark likes it" : you perform a before defrag /after defrag comparison and check for differences in the benchmark result ?  Or is it something else ?  Thanks.
-MerleOne (February 05, 2010, 04:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sequential read and write show noticeable improvement after running a defrag with all the optimizations enabled.  Whereas a defrag with Auslogics will smooth out the disk access, but show no increase in throughput(unless the drive has been neglected.. I usually do at least a quick defrag several times a week if not every day.)

It's more pronounced on my 500 GB drive, perhaps because it's a few years older and only has 16 MB cache.

edit: the Puran with all optimizations seems to be comparable to MyDefrag Daily Optimize but perhaps a bit more thorough.  The OSD is an order of magnitude better though.  I got rid of the other defraggers since it looks like this will be the only one I need now.

MilesAhead:
@MerleOne I'm really starting to like this utility.  It's all I use now for defrag. I do the quickie defrags often.  Then when analyze shows quite a bit of fragmentation I clear out files I don't need, enable all the optimizations, and let it go.  Does a nice job without overkill.

sajman99:
@MerleOne: Looks like I somehow overlooked your Puran thread-- my bad.:-[ I also like Puran and have mentioned it in a few other threads.

I have noticed you keep up with defraggers and have posted for some time on Donn Edwards' defrag site. 8) Since you keep up with this type of software, I would surely like to know if you have an opinion on the freeware Quicksys Disk Defrag? They have a portable version and it looks very nice, but I haven't benchmarked or done any direct comparisons to Puran Defrag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version