ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A simple "Start Page"

(1/5) > >>

zridling:
Not sure how others surf the web, but the idea of "start pages" like mine below have been around since the beginning. I've been using a similar setup of this one since early 1995. Unseen, farther down the page, I keep a list of all my personal desktop settings, colors, and tweaks, just for reference. Sometimes I change the background color based on the browser I'm using, I don't know why.

A simple "Start Page"

A version is kept online in case I'm at another computer. In all, this page alone has over a 1,000 links. I usually run through about 200 each day. This was created using the KompoZer editor.

KynloStephen66515:
I much prefer Opera's Speed Dial option, and the favorites link at the top is well organised if you put them into folders named to what type of website they link to.

I personally find it much more aesthetically pleasing and much tidier.

Just my opinion though  :D

zridling:
Yea, Opera is great. This one is merely text-based, and like arranging a room, I know exactly where every link is.

Bamse:
For Firefox the brilliant Awesomebar taking advantage of 90 days history and of course extensions has taken over but I think many would like something like your start page. Have no idea how to make own, not their very own. Netvibes, igoogle and others are not alternatives because indirectly they encourage chaos which is opposite of goal.

What is the url?

wraith808:
I use Fast Dial in firefox.  I tried New Tab King, but I couldn't get used to it (not to mention that it used pages that I'd rather not see appear every time I open my browser)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version