ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

One Circle Dock download for every second so far!

<< < (6/11) > >>

sgtevmckay:
The only other option I can immediately think of is Mediafire, kind of a pain, but tracking, free, ad supported, and No limits on anything

Let me do some homework

Markham:
IF and only IF a secondary server is necessary, I'd suggest using C-Net. They have very fast servers and we will get a download count (but no other useful statistics).

Interesting that there's a percentage of downloads coming from the temporary web site I put up on dcmembers.

Mark

sgtevmckay:
The Redmine????

I have been advertising this as well for the code site, so there are those that will pay attention to it!

I have an account through Download.com that I use for Rainmeter as a developer, I can get CD in as well takes about a week for approval

sgtevmckay:
Um....Ooops

http://download.cnet.com/Circle-Dock/3000-2344_4-10915490.html?tag=mncol  :P

Let me contact these folks

Markham:
The Redmine????
-sgtevmckay (January 29, 2010, 12:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's a possibility, I guess. Netcraft tells me that the Redmine site is on a different server but the domain is owned by Donationcoder, so that would be mouser's call.

That said, there is an even simpler solution, in theory at least. As the language and image files account for roughly 70% of the download size, it might be better to remove them from the base install and make them an installable option. Those language and image files would remain on the server and would be downloaded only if the user needs them at install time. There is a download manager included with Inno Setup (which I use to prepare the installer) so this shouldn't be much of a problem.

I can also look into using something like WyUpdate which would "phone home" at user-specified intervals and download just those files that have changed since the previous update.

All these measures should effectively reduce the Gigabytage downloaded whilst keeping the number of users at a steady (or rising) level.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version