ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software support - am I losing my mind?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Just a few observations from the other side:

Whilst I agree with the premise that the support sucked I can't see it was really a problem that their support would be able to deal with given that it was an interaction with another piece of beta software that the user has installed and intercepts key strokes.

This is a pretty unusual situation and not one that RoboForm should be able to troubleshoot easily and they did follow it up with a 'human' response.

Maybe the developer of "beta of Spell Catcher Plus" should be informed that the product should not work on passwords!! That's where the problem actually arose so why blame RoboForm.

Finally one of the things I learnt a long time ago is that if you use beta software expect problems - and when troubleshooting that should be the first place you look.

mwb1100:
That's where the problem actually arose so why blame RoboForm.
-Carol Haynes (January 30, 2010, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

You bring up good points. However, Darwin never blamed RoboForm for the problem that was occurring on the computer - just for their support not actually reading his problem report(s).

Carol Haynes:
Which is why I said ...

Whilst I agree with the premise that the support sucked ....
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Which is why I said ...

Whilst I agree with the premise that the support sucked ....
--- End quote ---
-Carol Haynes (January 30, 2010, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

But then you went on to say:

Maybe the developer of "beta of Spell Catcher Plus" should be informed that the product should not work on passwords!! That's where the problem actually arose so why blame RoboForm.
--- End quote ---

I gather your point was that I was too hasty in contacting Robofrm with this probelm and should have troubleshot my system first?  Fair enough... I did feel foolish when I realized the source of the problem and immediately wrote both to Spell Catcher, to inform them of the problem, and to Roboform support with a mea culpa.

This was one of those "perfect storm" events that occurred right ater a windows update, an IE 8 update, AND a Roboform update. Robofrom was the offending product WRT bizarre behaviour and I contacted them. Didn't I pay for that privilege? The fact that the problem traced back to a different company's beta that I'm running doesn't absolve them of having provided some initially lousy suggestions, given the information that I provided them with from the outset.

However, overall your points were spot on.

cranioscopical:
This was one of those "perfect storm" events... -Darwin
--- End quote ---

I know that feeling! Was hacking around in my Palm Pre and, suddenly, no Wi-Fi connectivity. No big deal, switched to Bluetooth and/or USB cablefor synchronization etc. Subsequently wasted several hours trying to understand what was going on, and which bit of WebOS code I'd broken. Turns out that an update to Avira anti-virus on my desktop machine was responsible for shutting out Wi-Fi sync. The Avira automatic update just happened to coincide with my poking around on the Pre sigh!

To keep within screaming distance of the topic, Palm support is unfortunately similar to that which you experienced from Roboform.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version