ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software support - am I losing my mind?

(1/8) > >>

Darwin:
OK, I need a sanity check here. Below is the text of an open support dialog that I have started with tech support for a well-known password manager. I'm going to let the text speak for itself (note: it is in reverse order - my original message appears at the end)...

You wrote (2010/01/28 04:25 pm EST)   

Yes, the CAPS lock is off, as noted in my original message. To summarize:

1. Passwords are rejected when typed into the Master password field using either of the physical keyboards available to me.
2. I have confirmed that both keyboards DO work AND that I can type in the Master Password field)..
3. Caps are not turned on
4. Passwords entered via virutal keyboard ARE accepted.

******replied (2010/01/28 04:06 pm EST)    

Thank you for your message.
Please make sure that Caps lock is off. The Password is case sensitive.

You wrote (2010/01/28 03:11 pm EST)

Yes! I am aware of the button to the right of the password field and its use for toggling the virtual keyboard on and off. Enabling/disabling the virtual keyboard is not an issue. The issue is that ******* will not accept passwords entered using a physical (ie REAL) keyboard.

****** replied (2010/01/28 01:52 pm EST)   

You can toggle on or off by clicking the button to the right of the field where the master password is entered.

You wrote (2010/01/28 01:43 pm EST)

Thank you for your reply,******. However, I am not clear on what you are trying to tell me! I am using the virtual keyboard now but would like to use a real keyboard, which is how I have entered the master password for the past 7 or 8 years.

I had also meant to ask if this is a known bug/conflict/issue? If it is, fine, if not I can keep troubleshooting it from my end.

Cheers,

Mike

****** replied (2010/01/28 11:32 am EST)

KEYBOARD:

This is called the "Virtual Keyboard" which you can toggle by clicking the button to the right of the field where the master password is entered.

You wrote (2010/01/28 10:52 am EST)   

After upgrading to 6.9.98 AND patchined IE8 this week on a system running Windows 7 64-bit, I am no longer able to enter my Master password successfully via the physical keyboard - I have to use the virtual one. Caps are NOT locked and I have tried two different keyboards (one wireless with fresh batteries and the other the built-in notebook keyboard). In other respects, the keyboards work flawlessly. If I try to enter my password via a physical keyboard, ******* tells me that the password entered cannot open *******. If I keep trying, after the fifth or sixth attempt it will work; I find it quicker to simply use the virtual keyboard.

--- End quote ---

EDIT: cleaned up the quote formatting (?)

Darwin:
And here is the latest reply:

Please verify that all keys on the key board are working properly. this can also cause wrong master password to be entered.

--- End quote ---

OMG

mwb1100:
I think their tech support department is staffed by Eliza.

I think that the next response you'll get from them is:

Can you elaborate on that?
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Thanks, mwb110 - I'd not heard of ELIZA before, but that gave me a good laugh!

wraith808:
Ummm... time for a new password manager?  :stars:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version