ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

WinPatrol Plus @ $0.99 on January 29th

<< < (8/9) > >>

Midnight Rambler:
As a WinPatrol Plus user, sent author support questions over a month ago, twice, and still haven't heard back.  In contrast, I ask Mouser a question about ScreenshotCaptor and it's answered five minutes later.   

wraith808:
As a WinPatrol Plus user, sent author support questions over a month ago, twice, and still haven't heard back.  In contrast, I ask Mouser a question about ScreenshotCaptor and it's answered five minutes later.   
-Midnight Rambler (April 17, 2012, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd try again.  I've sent him questions on two occasions and heard back pretty quickly.

cyberdiva:
As a WinPatrol Plus user, sent author support questions over a month ago, twice, and still haven't heard back.
-Midnight Rambler (April 17, 2012, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm really surprised.  I've sent Bill a number of support questions over the years, and I've always gotten a relatively prompt and helpful response.  I agree with wraith: try again.

Midnight Rambler:
You guys are probably right.  Maybe he was having temporary personal issues or something.

FWIW, I'm encountering two issues:
1) "Notify me when a new WinPatrol is released" hasn't worked for me.  I never get a new release email even though I signed-up at least of couple of times; and 2) when I install a new version - after checking manually! - the old version still shows under installed programs, so it shows both the old and the newly installed versions.  Have used Revo to delete old version's entry.  New versions of the majority (if not all) programs I have on my systems overwrite old version install entries under installed programs.  Appears WinPatrol requires that I always uninstall the old version before I update it with the new.

Otherwise, WP+ has performed as advertised.

Steven Avery:
Hi,

Even though the deadline is technically passed, the sale (up to 2 per person) is active as of a few minutes ago.  I wasn't even sure what is my existing license (from 2009, they are lifetime) in terms of numbers of puters, transferable, etc.  I think this makes me in good stead if I install on secondary puters, or maybe a gift to a friend, or maybe a donation to a fine software, or something.

Incidentally, I have become a big fan of WinPatrol + Chameleon Startup Manager.  I consider the 2 as complementary.

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version