topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:22 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: WinPatrol Plus @ $0.99 on January 29th  (Read 27536 times)

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinPatrol Plus @ $0.99 on January 29th
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Got mine at the end of the purchase process, when asked to fill up my name & decide whether I had bought Task Catcher or WinPatrol.  I didn't get it by mail (maybe later on).
.merle1.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 04:39 PM »
I didn't get these steps at the end... did you use Paypal?  I just clicked the paypal button under the family option and paid by paypal and that was it...?

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 04:57 PM »
I snagged a Family Pack as well, not just because it's good stuff but to encourage more of this sort of thing :-)

ditto.

I just bought a family pack as well, which got me a page with a code for Task Catcher :huh:.

Check what you get when you order, the process seems a little flaky.

Also ditto. Have had to email bill re my currently non-working reg code.
Not that it matters much to me directly as I've been too lazy to transfer my existing Plus code from my old machine for the best part of 2 years, so I clearly find the ordinary version entirely adequate.

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 07:18 PM »
I didn't get these steps at the end... did you use Paypal?  I just clicked the paypal button under the family option and paid by paypal and that was it...?

I did Paypal, and after it said it couldn't quite figure out what I bought, I filled in the name I used in the Winpatrol spot, and then it popped up the code page:
Screenshot - 4_16_2012 , 8_13_43 PM.png

Did you not get a page like this?
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 08:16 PM »
No, I didn't. :(

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 12:47 AM »

Try sending him an e-mail; he got back to me after a short while with the correct code for my purchase.

Interestingly, I tried to purchase through PayPal first and that got me the regular price of $49.95, so I had to use the credit card option to get the discount.

Anyway, the order process seems to not always be entirely reliable, but as long as Bill is so nice about fixing things that shouldn't hold anyone back I think :Thmbsup:.

JaneDC

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 01:00 AM »
I bought one! Thank you for the heads up on this great app.

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 01:34 AM »

Yes, I did use Paypal.
.merle1.

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 01:58 AM »
wraith808, you must send Bill an email
keycode given through order process & will not be emailed.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 07:52 AM »

Try sending him an e-mail; he got back to me after a short while with the correct code for my purchase.

Thanks!  That worked!

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 10:18 AM »
As a WinPatrol Plus user, sent author support questions over a month ago, twice, and still haven't heard back.  In contrast, I ask Mouser a question about ScreenshotCaptor and it's answered five minutes later.   
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 11:11 AM »
As a WinPatrol Plus user, sent author support questions over a month ago, twice, and still haven't heard back.  In contrast, I ask Mouser a question about ScreenshotCaptor and it's answered five minutes later.   
-Midnight Rambler (April 17, 2012, 10:18 AM)

I'd try again.  I've sent him questions on two occasions and heard back pretty quickly.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 10:02 AM »
As a WinPatrol Plus user, sent author support questions over a month ago, twice, and still haven't heard back.
I'm really surprised.  I've sent Bill a number of support questions over the years, and I've always gotten a relatively prompt and helpful response.  I agree with wraith: try again.

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 10:45 AM »
You guys are probably right.  Maybe he was having temporary personal issues or something.

FWIW, I'm encountering two issues:
1) "Notify me when a new WinPatrol is released" hasn't worked for me.  I never get a new release email even though I signed-up at least of couple of times; and 2) when I install a new version - after checking manually! - the old version still shows under installed programs, so it shows both the old and the newly installed versions.  Have used Revo to delete old version's entry.  New versions of the majority (if not all) programs I have on my systems overwrite old version install entries under installed programs.  Appears WinPatrol requires that I always uninstall the old version before I update it with the new.

Otherwise, WP+ has performed as advertised.
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Hi,

Even though the deadline is technically passed, the sale (up to 2 per person) is active as of a few minutes ago.  I wasn't even sure what is my existing license (from 2009, they are lifetime) in terms of numbers of puters, transferable, etc.  I think this makes me in good stead if I install on secondary puters, or maybe a gift to a friend, or maybe a donation to a fine software, or something.

Incidentally, I have become a big fan of WinPatrol + Chameleon Startup Manager.  I consider the 2 as complementary.

Steven

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 03:28 PM »
Incidentally, I have become a big fan of WinPatrol + Chameleon Startup Manager.  I consider the 2 as complementary.
-Steven Avery (April 18, 2012, 12:39 PM)

Out of interest -- I've never looked at Chameleon, although I've seen it mentioned by others quite a few times -- what does CSM do that WPP doesn't?
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.

Ennovy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 12:51 AM »
New deal: http://www.winpatrol.com/download.html

Two Day Experimental Sale Only 99 cents.

This special sale is good Thursday October 25th and Friday October 26th and will end Friday night at 11:59 PM EST.
 The special 99 cent license is good for a single machine. Multiple orders are accepted but only one code will be created per order.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 08:36 PM »
  Wow, that's pretty strange.  Normally Bill is Johnny-on-the-spot with support emails.  But considering how busy he must be with this new 99 cent thing going on......
  I've been using WinPatrol Pro for years and years and have found both the software and the support top-notch.....

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Hi,

Even though the deadline is technically passed, the sale (up to 2 per person) is active as of a few minutes ago.  I wasn't even sure what is my existing license (from 2009, they are lifetime) in terms of numbers of puters, transferable, etc.  I think this makes me in good stead if I install on secondary puters, or maybe a gift to a friend, or maybe a donation to a fine software, or something.

Steven

-Steven Avery (April 18, 2012, 12:39 PM)
  That's another great thing about Bill's software, it's lifetime.  In fact, I'm thinking about making a donation to him for all the updates over all the years I've used it...