ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

myBase Desktop 5.x + Addons Pack discounted on BitsDuJour.com (2010-01-25)

<< < (3/4) > >>

superboyac:
Just FYI, years ago Mybase was one of my favorites for general notetaking.  Now, I've moved to RightNote, and I'm sticking to it.

rjbull:
I've moved to RightNote, and I'm sticking to it.-superboyac (February 06, 2012, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is that because of your history of coming from KeyNote?  All the others were stopgaps on the way to "KeyNote done right?"  Does RightNote match (enough of) the features in your roundup of notetakers?

J-Mac:
I've moved to RightNote, and I'm sticking to it.-superboyac (February 06, 2012, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is that because of your history of coming from KeyNote?  All the others were stopgaps on the way to "KeyNote done right?"  Does RightNote match (enough of) the features in your roundup of notetakers?
-rjbull (February 07, 2012, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

rjbull - According to Tranglos (Marek), RightNote IS Keynote done right, or actually done better! Here's where he talks about it:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=29504.msg273561#msg273561

Jim

superboyac:
--- End quote ---
-rjbull (February 07, 2012, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's really just because it's very good.  I did evernote for a while, which was totally different than Keynote.  Rightnote is just, well, right!  The features that really did it for me were the paragraph styles, the horizontal line button.  It's one of the very very few programs (especially for notetakers) that I find intuitive.  Every little thing is just really great.  Like, you know how most of these programs make a big deal about being able to choose icons for your notes (in the tree)?  But then you try them, and you're like "Well, I don't really like these icons"  So then you try to add icons, if that feature is available.  but then, it's still not quite right.  So now you've spent a bunch of time messing around with icons until you get embarrassed and hope nobody ever notices that you just spent 2 hours of your life looking at icons while the world is in turmoil.  But in Rightnote, you open the icon window, and BOOM, tons of icons, anything you need!  So easy, so right.

rjbull:
According to Tranglos (Marek), RightNote IS Keynote done right, or actually done better!

Here's where he talks about it:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=29504.msg273561#msg273561-J-Mac (February 07, 2012, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know, I was too lazy to find the link :-[ and relied on memory!  But I also note that in the same post, he says:
I won't be registering it, since I do think the KeyNote design (can I say this? "KeyNote design"?) is quite obsolete - just compare how the search works in RightNote vs. Evernote or even CintaNotes.
--- End quote ---
My italics.  That lead me to wonder whether tree-style notekeepers were losing mindshare to live search types.  Tranglos points out that whatever you do is a compromise, and database back ends slow things.  There are issues about presenting the search results as well.

For big fans of live search - don't overlook the other offer on Bits du Jour today, NoteFrog Professional Lifetime License!  It would be nice to see an offer on RightNote, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version